|That's one bad flower!|
|This page is non-canon, meaning that it might not be related to the Yoshi universe.|
|This page could be different from the Yoshi universe, but includes Yoshi characters in it.|
|Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U|
The box art for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U.
Japan: September 13, 2014
USA / Canada / Europe: October 3, 2014
Australia: October 4, 2014
USA / Canada: November 21, 2014
Europe: November 28, 2014
Australia: November 29, 2014
Japan: December 6, 2014
|Modes||Single-player, Multiplayer (2-8)|
|Platform(s)||Nintendo 3DS, Wii U|
|Media||Nintendo 3DS Cartridge|
Wii U Optical Disc
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U are officially considered the fourth and fifth installments of the Super Smash Bros. series. It was preceded from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It is the first handheld game in the series.
- Bowser Jr.
- Captain Falcon
- Dark Pit
- Diddy Kong
- Donkey Kong
- Dr. Mario
- Duck Hunt Dog
- King Dedede
- Little Mac
- Mega Man
- Meta Knight
- Mii Fighters
- Mii Brawlers
- Mii Gunners
- Mii Swordfighters
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Pikmin and Olimar
- Rosalina and Luma
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Toon Link
- Wii Fit Trainer
- Zero Suit Samus
Note: Bold denotes unlockable characters and italics denotes newcomers.
New Balance Changes
- According to Nintendo Direct of 4-8-2014:
- Samus and Zelda can not longer change characters.
- Kirby and Pit's Final Smashes have been changed.
- Kirby's side special can now be charged and Kirby could move, like King Dedede's Jet Hammer (it was also a beta element in Brawl).
- Villager's Final Smash includes building a house.
- Mega Man's Final Smash includes the other incarnations of Mega Man.
- Rosalina's Final Smash includes a Power Star.
- Olimar can only have 3 Pikmin and has a new Up Special.
- There are now customized special moves.
- Yoshi now stands upright, like Bowser.
- Yoshi's back aerial now has a finishing move.
- Charizard, Sheik, and Zero Suit Samus are now stand-alone characters.
- Lucario and Charizard can now Mega Evolve.
- Yoshi's Egg Toss now has a rainbow stream.
- Lucario's Aura have been buffed.
- King Dedede only throws Gordos now.
- After Marth's confirmation, it was thought that the veteran fighters, newcomers, and confirmed characters would be all of the playable characters in the game.
- Similar to Brawl, Yoshi was the last of the "original 8" to be confirmed (due to the April 8th Nintendo Direct).
- King Dedede was the first character to be confirmed in 2014.
- Some well known veterans whose statuses are deconfirmed as of now are Snake, Pokémon Trainer, Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, Ivysaur and Squirtle.
- However, the Pokémon Trainer, Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, Ivysaur and Squirtle have trophies in the 3DS version. Snake is the only one that doesn't have a trophy.
- Sonic is so far the only veteran fighter that has a trailer that is not posted on the official website.
- The Ice Climbers were cut late in development due to a combination of badly outdated Smash-data and performance issues with the 3DS when playing with multiple Ice Climbers at once. No word if Ice Climbers will come back for the Wii U version or the new 3DS version of Smash. Sakurai also said that the Ice Climbers were working perfectly in the Wii U version.
- Despite them being cut, their cheer from Brawl has been heard through a glitch. To hear it, you have to play as Villager (at 100% or more) against three Dr. Marios. KO-ing two Dr. Marios will activate the glitch.
- Official Website
- Japanese Version of Website
- English(Australian) Version of Website
- United States Version of Website
- French Version of Website
- Spanish Version of Website
- English(European) Version of Website